Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Junior Livestock Show

By: Erin Crissman, Curator Yesterday, I had my first Junior Livestock Show experience. This event is held annually at The Farmers' Museum's auxillary location at River Road in Cooperstown. This is the 63rd year that young people from Central New York have brought their animals (sheep, cows, pigs and goats) to be shown and judged. I don't have much personal experience with livestock. I was absolutely impressed by the expertise, patience, pride and care these kids brought to the show. They were busy working away at 8am getting their animals ready. A long list of prizes are awarded today for each of the livestock categories. Prize or not, this is a wonderful experience - one I wish I had growing up.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The Junior Livestock show is so much fun! With all the animals and shows!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin