Tuesday, October 13, 2009

More Milking Fun!

By: Erin Crissman, Curator Since my recent milking experience, I've been able to entice others to try their hands at milking Buttercup. My sister arrived on Friday at 3pm after a long drive from Philadelphia. After a quick hug, I said "You're just in time to milk Buttercup!" She and her friend Barb took a quick carousel ride then met Christine Olsen (Registrar at the Fenimore Art Museum) and I at the Sweet-Marble Barn for milking at 3:30. This is one of the true pleasures of working at The Farmers' Museum. I can offer my visiting friends and relatives experience s they won't find anywhere - a ride on an amazing carousel and an opportunity to milk a very patient cow!
Here's my sister Lindsey:
Christine Olsen, Registrar at the Fenimore Art Museum. It was her first milking experience too! In case you're wondering, children of all ages are welcome to milk Buttercup every day at 3:30. Here's a great blog post from Two Barefoot Pincesses who tried milking last week.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin