Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Junior Livestock Show 2010

By: Meg Preston, Junior Livestock Show Coordinator
The countdown begins to the 63rd annual Junior Livestock Show, at the Iroquois Showgrounds, County Highway 33, which will be held on July 11-13. Now that ribbons are ordered, judges are in place, and over 300 kids and over 700 animals have entered, we are sure to have another excellent show!


This will be my 13th Jr. Show. My first year, I was thrown into the Dairy Cattle ring trying to figure out how to give out ribbons. Now I coordinate the show, running between show tents making sure everyone is settled in with no problems. This year, I will be adding my daughter into the mix; she will be showing a dairy goat.
The show kicks off Sunday evening (July 11) with a chicken barbecue by Miller’s Barbecue of Walton at 5:00 p.m., followed at 7:30 by the ice cream social. The bluegrass band Gravel Yard will begin playing at 6:30. These are both open to the public. The Barbecue is $8.00 per dinner and the ice cream social is free.
Showing begins on Monday, at 9:30 a.m. and Tuesday at 9:00 a.m. The championship awards begin at 2:30 on Tuesday.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin